View Profile drew6464

All 84 Audio Reviews

58 w/ Responses

:P I like it!

It's pretty nice. Sorry it's so simple, but this is all I really have to say. I really liked it, and don't give up on making music.

Manguusu responds:

Thank you! I don't plan on giving up anytime soon!

It's great, a bit repetitive, but who cares?

This is a great piece. I'm giving you a 7/10, because of a few reasons. There's no tempo changes, the piece sounds a bit empty, and near the middle it gets really weird. It is a little repetitive, but without the repetitivity, it would not be as good a piece. I really think you should continue making music.

OpenLight responds:

I am very glad to know someone wants me to continue composing, especially since I have a new laptop on which I can do so more frequently!

Your honest review is very helpful. I would add tempo changes probably, but all I can figure that would make sense in songs like mine would be a breakdown somewhere, which I can do but never think of, and even those only seem to work during faster paced songs.

Regarding the piece sounding empty, I'm sure you're right but I don't know what you mean by "empty." Maybe you could send me a message later and let me know how to bump it up!

Haha, also, about the whole "really weird" middle part, that's just the style of music to which I tend to stray. I like to be as unique as I can be so that I can have my own sound, if you know what I mean.

The repetition, as you stated, was somewhat necessary, but the only reason it was as repetitive as it was is because this was supposed to sound similar to my song "Quick Descent" that I wrote back in November of 2009, which was also one of my first songs ever and very, very repetitive.

Thank you so much for your review!

You got a 8/10, very professional.

To me, this is interesting, but still just a bit repetitive. I still love the tune, and it really is great. It's just not perfect yet.

Great. The tune, the style, the beat!

Where do I start? The music is great by the way. It just seems so.... complete. I can imagine myself playing Cave Story while playing this song on loop. Then I actually did. Best 30 minutes of my life.
I really like how it's minor and major at the same time, and reminds me of a japanese kimono for some reason. The "blender" parts are some of why it's modern 8-bit, and it's epic hip-hopness is the other reason. Great mixture of 8-bit, a cool beat, and modern. 10/10, reviews I don't usually give.

Drew @drew6464